University of Arkansas and Kansas State University studies show that Solar Feeders reduce labor time while maintaining animal health (compared to hand feeding). It’s a natural, cost effective way to increase efficiency on the ranch. The solar panel and battery system keeps your Solar Feeder running through weeks of limited sun. You will also realize money savings by eliminating salt limiters from your budget; Solar Feeders provide a rationed amount of feed which eliminate the need for salt limiters.
All of the operational mechanisms in every Solar Feeder are easy to maintain and access. In addition, we have taken every precaution to ensure that the hopper will remain dry so your feed will not spoil. The openings between the trough and hopper are small enough that small critters cannot get into the spinner area or the hopper. As an added measure, we have secured all of the undercarriage wiring and spinner motor with metallic casings to ensure that goats, sheep or critters cannot chew them up. Most importantly, all Solar Feeders are manufactured in the U.S.A.
Some other benefits include:
- Use bulk feed and save on feed costs immediately.
- Enjoy additional cost savings through prevention of loss and waste.
- Save fuel on transportation – for feeders used at full capacity, you will probably need only one refill every 7-10 days.
- Gain flexibility in your schedule – you know your animals will be fed on time, every time
- Get modern efficiency with an easy to use system
- Spend more time observing your animals and ensuring their health, but don’t worry – if you just can’t get to your animals today they will still be fed
To see some of the specific health benefits of Solar Feeding compared to hand-feeding and gravity feeding, click on the attachment below to review a 2012 study conducted by the University of Arkansas and Kansas State University.
The same study reveals some significant labor hour savings between the Solar Feeder and competing methods of feeding